We can provide you with low cost high quality salt pile covers which are quick to deeply and quick to ship. We offer a flat layout or conical style salt pile covers in any size you require. Available in several different materials and can be a one piece construction for smaller piles or provided in sections for larger piles. Available in both stocked and custom sizes.
Stockpile Cover Advantages
Salt pile and stockpile covers are becoming very common as they are a less expensive alternative to rigid structure covers. They allow you to store commodities on a large scale with the ability to quickly remove or add the covers as needed.
Unlike long term structures like salt dome covers which are costly to erect and move, temporary salt stockpile covers are quick to deploy and are a fraction of the cost.
- Covers are quick to be pulled back which will allow access to the contents
- Resist water penetration, puncturing and UV breakdown
- The material is relatively light weight which allows for easy handling
- We can provide a large number of storage covers promptly due to stocked materials
- Sized to cover any size pile
- Can be supplied as one piece up to 60,000 s/f
- For larger covers the cover arrives in manageable rolls which connect together onsite
There are several materials we use for salt and aggregate covers depending on your stockpile material, desired longevity and conditions. Each cover is produced with high quality 1.5″ welds that are tested before shipping to ensure performance. Salt cover tarps can also feature grommets on the perimeters along with four rows of stitching for extra strength. It is specifically engineered to provide high strength and durability in a lightweight material.
Click below to view some common configurations
Why protect and cover your salt pile?
- Helps prevent up to 12% loss annually of the salt pile as a result of erosion from rain.
- Helps achieve targeted spread rates by maintaining the integrity of the salt.
- Prevents contamination from surface water runoff as required by environmental agencies.
Why choose ALCO?
- Custom made solutions designed specifically based on your needs for your pile.
- Designed specifically for standard formations along with salt piles with concrete pads and complex shapes.
- Covers can come as pre-welded panels designed to accommodate the shape and size of your pile.
- We offer a manufacturer's warranty standing behind the quality of workmanship.
- The cover system is reusable allowing for repurchasing which achieves greater ROI.